Sr. EHS Specialist, Environmental
Newark, CA /
People & Places – Global Facilities, Security, and EHS /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Senior EHS Specialist – Environmental supports day-to-day operations by providing EHS expertise to internal customers. Our ideal candidate will be an EHS generalist with strong environmental experience. This role will be critical in supporting day-to-day operations by guiding a number of environmental, health and safety programs, including hazardous waste management, storm water compliance, and air permitting.
- Support EH&S operations in a fast-paced, cross-functional and highly collaborative environment, serving groups that perform activities including R&D, manufacturing, and logistics.
- Develop and maintain strong communication between all functions within site operations.
- Provide subject-matter expertise related to, and support the implementation of, EHS programs such as Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Hazardous Waste, Air permitting, Stormwater, etc.
- Conduct Job Hazard Analyses and risk assessments.
- Perform safety observations and audits.
- Lead incident analysis activities to determine RCCA identification.
- Design safe workspaces and create, implement, and measure policies that minimize job-related hazards.
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Develop and conduct education and training as required.
- Design and conduct workplace inspection practices and drive the corrective and preventative action management process
- 5-7 years in an Environmental Health & Safety related field. Experience in the electric vehicle or energy storage industries, or in a research & development environment is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety, Ergonomics, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, or Safety-related discipline.
- Certifications – ASP/CSP certification preferred.
- Experience working with Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies (CUPA, BAAQMD, Water Boards).
- Practical, hands-on experience with multi-media environmental compliance (HMBP, air permit, SWPPP, SPCC).
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing priorities in a rapid growth environment.
- Able to influence and communicate effectively with leaders, technicians, engineers, contractors and supporting staff.
- Well organized and highly detail-oriented.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.