Operations Launch Manager, Powertrain
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Powertrain /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Operations Launch Manager in Powertrain will lead the day to day operations at our plant in Casa Grande, AZ. In this position you will implement training programs for all production processes within the EV Powertrain manufacturing department.
This is unique opportunity to set up and run a world class plant to build a world class vehicle.
- Development of production organizational plans and recruiting/hiring (Salary/Hourly).
- Develop staffing plan.
- Implement training programs for all production processes within the EV Powertrain manufacturing department.
- Balance manpower and create work schedules for launch team to meet new manufacturing process launch schedule.
- Develop production team requirements/standards/process control plans.
- Lead production teams during all build phases and interface with all departments to foster a high productive manufacturing system.
- Feedback opportunities to design for manufacturability of the vehicle.
- Implement a Lean Manufacturing process to eliminate waste.
- Manage to reprocess areas to drive quality/production efficiencies/root cause problem resolution.
- Create an environment where all employees are valued for their contributions and they understand their impact to the success of the company.
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines.
- Develop standardized work processes with the process engineering team and enforce the passion for detail.
- Drive world-class quality for our luxury vehicles through in-station process control and driving defect resolution to the point of fit.
- Analyze and control change costs, schedule delays and quality issues over the course of new production line launch.
- Develop and implement training plans for supervisors and team members.
- Coordinate with process engineering/automation and materials for improvement activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or 5 years of equivalent EV Powertrain production management experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to build outstanding teams and interface well with all senior management.
- Excellent attitude to foster a positive work environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in automotive paint production leadership and knowledge of all areas of paint production.
- Experience methodizing production workstations for ergonomics and efficiency.
- Familiarity with EV Powertrain manufacturing equipment.
- Experience in factory environments hiring and training associates to support new products and processes.
- Exemplary verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement, Kaizen, 5S and Six Sigma process.
- Capability to implement and drive a quality operating system within a department.
- Experience with EV powertrain manufacturing maintenance experience preferred.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.