Durability and Efficiency Simulation Engineer (all levels)
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Durability and Efficiency Simulation Engineer for the electric drive unit in an BEV. This position requires a talented engineer with passion and experience to model physical systems in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Create physical system models to analyze the rotating mechanical components of an electric drivetrain.
- Analyze the effects of changing parameters, such as gear teeth or bearing size, on the durability and efficiency of the drive units.
- Work with the mechanical and testing engineers to understand respective challenges and collect data for analyzing durability and failure modes.
- Coordinate between the simulation team and mechanical and validation teams using the simulation models for making test and validation plans.
- Lead a strategy for optimizing electric drive units for maximum efficiency.
- Build physical models to analyze the friction losses and churning, viscous losses in an electric drivetrain.
- Understand the test procedures for durability and efficiency.
- Evaluate the lifetime of the drive unit with the beak-down of each component to find the weak link in the system.
- Work efficiently within a multidisciplinary cooperative and innovative environment, including directly cooperating with powertrain teams, physical test and software teams.
- Deep understanding of the physics of mechanical engineering and rotating parts.
- A proven track record of technical excellence in simulation and FEA.
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team.
- A flair for creative engineering and problem solving.
- A capability to define appropriate targets, using a range of strategies.
- Experience of resolving issues through appropriate analysis and design modifications
- Strong experience in simulation workflows with varying availability of documentation.
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments.
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team.
- Additional fields of experience (thermal, electrical, systems, and material science).
- Experience of electric vehicle drive units
- Experience of thermal and mechanical analysis.
- Experience with motor control and power electronics.
- Experience of optimization methods and software.
- Experience with MATLAB and Python.
- Some knowledge of scripting for simulation process automation.
- BS (and preferably MS or PhD) in an engineering discipline.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.