Supplier Quality Engineer, PCB/PCBA
Newark, CA /
Supply Chain – Supplier Quality /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Our Supplier Quality team enables the industrialization of innovative products in an extremely aggressive timeline. In this highly visible role, the Supplier Quality Engineer works together with Engineering, Manufacturing and our suppliers to develop ways to deliver challenging designs while at the same time not sacrificing manufacturing requirements for quality.
You must be able to guide up front design development as well as roll up your sleeves with suppliers to create new manufacturing methods and control strategies to achieve ambitious specifications and ensure a flawless execution during launch.
- Guide Engineering development to select appropriate suppliers with the right qualifications to meet Lucid Motors’s expectations and timeline.
- Lead design review and ensure manufacturing needs are considered in the design phase and that proper quality expectations are defined. Work with suppliers on all design technical elements and create new manufacturing techniques if necessary to meet design requirements.
- Work with design engineering team to define and validate, PCB layer structures, appropriate scripting, design rule check, etc.
- Manage PCB/PCBA suppliers’ DFM review and take proactive way to minimize any potential risks in the manufacturing.
- Interact with design engineering team and suppliers to define and develop PCB/PCBA testing plan.
- Develop, manage and improve the APQP (advanced product quality planning) process with suppliers from initial design stage through PPAP submission and start of mass production.
- Manage supplier performance. Perform supplier audits and site inspections. Develop process improvement plans and drive implementation. Monitor and maintain performance metrics.
- Investigate supplier quality issues to determine root cause, identify and implement corrective actions, drive long term preventative actions.
- Support system assembly build. Define incoming parts inspections procedure as needed. Track build issues and drive suppliers for containment actions and long term actions.
- Travel 25% on average, occasionally on short notice.
- High-volume manufacturing background required with experience in area of placement.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings and an in-depth knowledge of quality standards and specifications in area of placement.
- 5+ years of assembly plant experience supporting PCB/PCBA in a Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering role.
- 5+ years of experience in SMT manufacturing process. Understand SMT DFM and Testing – ICT, Flying Probe, FCT, etc.
- Excellent analytical abilities, technical writing ability and comprehensive understanding of quality toolbox (TS 16949, SPC, DOE, GD&T, etc.)
- Certification preferred – American Society for Quality, Six Sigma Black Belt, etc.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills. Hands-on and data driven. Be able to adopt to dynamic working environment. Creative mindset in problem solving.
- BS in Engineering, MS preferred
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.