Sr. Simulation and MBD Loads Engineer, Durability
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – NVH, Durability, and Integrated Safety /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As a Sr. Simulation and MBD Loads Engineer on the Durability team, you will support the design and development of the best riding and handling vehicles in the world through the creation and application of world-class simulation tools. You will work with development engineers, software engineers and system owners across the company to develop and deliver world-class suspension,
- Full vehicle dynamics with virtual proving ground simulations with focus on simulating Durability and Fatigue events
- Subsystem analysis like suspension & powertrain using MBD tools
- Load cascade and generating durability and fatigue loads from Vehicle dynamics simulations
- Correlation of loads and other data (strain, displacements, accelerations etc.) between testing and simulation
- Flex body simulation and post processing the loads, stress, strain, and other results for downstream CAE
- Work with the vehicle dynamics team in running their ADAMS model for durability loads cases and provide loads to the durability CAE engineer who mainly work in Altair platform
- Work closely with the durability test team to improve ADAMS prediction capabilities and come up with test plans to validate the ADAMS model
- Debugging of ADAMS model so knowledge of driver controller is vital
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience, in relevant engineering discipline
- 5 + years of Automotive experience with a solid understanding of vehicle dynamics principles
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team
- Proven experience in ADAMS (strong preference), CarRealTime, CarMaker, CarSim, Adams/Car or similar
- Experience and understanding of MATLAB/Simulink fundamentals
- Good CAE fundamentals
- Familiarity with Python, C++
- Desire for continual learning
- Excellent problem-solving ability, using fundamental principles and data-driven decision making
- Altair products: Optistruct, MotionView/MotionSolve, HyperMesh, Hyperview, Hypergraph
- FEA (Linear & Non-linear) and experience with co-simulation
- Experience with drivetrain modelling and simulation
- Experience with test plan development, physical testing, and validation
- Experience with control systems related driver control module, ABS system, active damping control system, active suspension systems etc.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.