Diagnostic Controls Engineer
Newark, CA /
Digital – Controls Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Diagnostic Controls Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional who will work with controls engineers to architect, specify and test diagnostics in vehicle systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work with controls engineers to define industry-leading robust controls algorithms and to architect and design diagnostic functions on ECU level that will be able to detect various faults.
- Identify, develop and maintain solutions to complex technical problems in electronic and mechatronic vehicle systems and subsystems
- Work with cross-functional teams to derive requirements given by use cases and feature listings, FMEA results, reliability and DV/PV needs and drive implementation
- Work with the Functional Safety team to define and architect functions that meet requirements derived from the Safety process according to ISO26262
- Work with the Service organization to define part exchange strategies in case of a fault
- Utilize diagnostic services (UDS) on Ethernet, CAN and LIN for fault reporting, diagnostic data communication and diagnostic routines.
- Support Diagnostic System Engineers in authoring diagnostic data using CANdela Studio
- Develop functional and software diagnostic requirements for model based and hand code software implementation
- Conduct design reviews
- Assist in developing test cases to verify and validate diagnostic functions on ECU integration and system integration level.
- Work with the platform team to make the diagnostic implementation and architecture AUTOSAR compliant
- Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
- 5+ years’ experience with embedded control systems
- 3+ years’ experience in fault detection, fault handling and automotive diagnostics
- 3+ years’ experience with system level bring-up and calibration of diagnostic functions
- 3+ years’ experience with model-based design using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and good understanding of C/C++
- 3+ years’ experience with diagnostic architecture background
- Strong background of system design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Strong background in controls algorithm design and implementation
- Experience with industry standard requirements and agile development tools such as JAMA, JIRA, Git, Confluence
- Experience in working with cross functional teams
- Practical debugging skills
- Common understanding of ISO 26262 and Autosar
- Experience in designing controllers for electric vehicle systems
- Experience with tools such as CANoe, CANalyzer, CANape
- Creativity in your design, ability to build stuff with your hands and great communication skills
- BS (MS preferred), in the areas of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive systems, or other related fields
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.