Engineer, Battery Systems
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Battery Systems Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with a strong understanding of lithium ion battery packs and their integration into larger systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Analyze battery electrical and thermal performance at the cell, module, and pack level
- Work with multiple teams to develop the battery component of a robust vehicle performance model
- Perform detailed studies to inform cell selection and battery pack sizing for future projects
- Design and perform experiments to validate battery performance models
- Fundamental knowledge of lithium ion battery performance and lifetime behavior
- Experience with modeling of lithium ion batteries
- Understanding of the interaction between a battery and various loads, especially as related to an EV powertrain.
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with initiating and taking ownership of projects
- 2+ years experience in battery systems engineering
- Expertise in MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, and model-in-the-loop testing
- Experience with multiphysics based modeling of battery systems
- Strong mechanical background, particularly with respect to battery engineering
- Experience with Computer Aided Design software (CATIA preferred)
- BS degree in EE, ME, CS, Math, Physics (MS preferred)
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.