Global Supply Manager, Retail
Newark, CA /
Supply Chain – Purchasing /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Global Supply Manager supporting Retail Store Development. The Global Supply Manager manages all company business with a group of suppliers and is the key internal interface with Design, Retail, Marketing to develop showrooms and service centers globally. The Global Supply Manager must identify, develop, and manage the global supply chain, work with contractors, materials, services, and equipment providers required for our showrooms and service centers construction and operation. He or she will help establish our global supply chain strategy, manage end to end contracting, supplier management, and support cross-functional teams in execution.
- Collaborate with project team and operation team to identify potential suppliers with the right qualifications to meet Lucid’s expectations and timeline
- Work with vendors to review bid packages, scope documentation, and change management
- Create RFQs, review, analyze and clarify quotations from vendors and develop sound sourcing and business recommendations balancing cost, quality, lead-time and technical considerations
- Negotiate pricing, contract terms, and manage cost changes throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Work with contractors and project team to manage design changes and impacts
- Manage company budget to ensure project deliver on-time and on-budget
- Manage contractor development and project timelines, develop solutions to delays or problems that arise
- Work with finance, legal, and other cross functional teams to
- Maintain overall contractor relationships and act as point of contact for all commercial issues, including internal report-outs summarizing sourcing status, availability and cost status
- Ownership of key supplier relationships and performance, both strategic and tactical, through the entire life cycle of company projects. Travel 15-25% to visit suppliers to perform business and program reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or supply chain discipline plus minimum of 4 years minimum in Indirect and Services Purchasing or Retail Store Development
- Commodity management experience
- Product launch experience…you did not just sit behind a desk and source.
- You have innovative ideas you will bring to the table to help optimize cost and schedule
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and problem solving skills. Passion for results, strategy, and hands on execution. Creative, calculated risk taker with the ability to manage difficult suppliers and resolve disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal staff
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and program management capabilities
- Proficient in Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, ERP systems (SAP or equivalent)
- Ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.