BIW Manufacturing Equipment / Facilities Manager
Manufacturing – Manufacturing
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a BIW Manufacturing Equipment / Facilities Manager who will perform all conceptual planning and subsequent scope of work, financial planning, supplier management and full implementation of all projects and activities.
The successful candidate will facilitate project engineering teams to develop and implement a cohesive manufacturing strategy to enhance engineering concepts and increase profitability through Lean Manufacturing tools such as, but not limited to, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping & Six Sigma. This person will define initial plant layouts and future expansion planning activities on an as-needed basis and support the new facility start-up from initial concept all the way to volume ramp-up.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of manufacturing engineering’s policies, specifications, procedures, and work processes within the automotive BIW environment
- Manage initial concept, design, the scope of work development, and full implementation for BIW process equipment for Greenfield Manufacturing facility
- Coordinate manufacturing engineering project teams to enable meeting business objectives
- Forge excellent cross-functional relationships between engineering, quality, projects, and manufacturing
- Facilitate the interface between engineering and manufacturing to achieve an efficient product manufacturability design
- Create, implement and review all manufacturing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and workstation layouts
- Specify all tooling and equipment for all current and planned manufacturing needs
- Develop Statement of Work (SOW) to be delivered to suppliers for high-value projects
- Develop specifications for BIW equipment
- Identify, trial and implement any new tools, equipment, and processes
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a similar role within BIW
- Proficient with equipment & process planning, budget process, and simultaneous engineering activities
- Experience delivering capital projects & process equipment planning with a focus on BIW equipment and processes
- Ability to create Scope of Work (SOW) for suppliers and contractors to achieve desired results
- Fluent in evaluating mechanical/electrical drawings and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification
- Knowledge of CAD and 3D layout software
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering Degree (Manufacturing / Mechanical / Electrical / Operations / Industrial)
- Masters preferred
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.