Facilities Project Manager
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Facilities Project Manager to support the construction of our new site in Casa Grande, Arizona. This position requires an experienced professional with a track record of managing complex large-scale automotive projects. The successful candidate will have spent considerable time launching new plants and/or new products in an automotive manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership with internal departments that include building Facilities, General Assembly, Body Weld, Power Train and Logistics. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his/her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective field to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish effective cross-functional working relationships.
- Responsible for managing multiple capital projects of varying size and complexity that include the management of project budget, project schedule, engineering design, construction contractor management, third party inspections and project close-out documentation.
- Work directly with capital equipment suppliers to ensure compatibility with building facility infrastructure.
- Possess high level understanding in the areas of manufacturing design and equipment installations
- Understands, tracks and articulates issues / risks / action items; work with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis; update the appropriate stakeholders as needed
- Perform safety analysis with capital equipment suppliers and work with Lucid safety team to ensure safe design and operation of equipment upon equipment commissioning.
- General understanding of building infrastructure systems that include building MEP distribution, building structural elements, fire protection/annunciation systems and IT/data systems.
- Manage construction project scope throughout the project duration and track major project milestones to ensure timely completion of construction projects in support of manufacturing tooling installations.
- Interacts with internal manufacturing and facilities personnel, construction contractors, internal procurement personnel, City building inspectors, contract architects and engineers.
- Understand concerns of production maintenance personnel and make equipment design suggestions that address these concerns.
- Provide equipment tooling maintenance documentation and drawings to internal equipment maintenance personnel.
- Create purchase requisitions for materials, supplies and contractor services using established practices and procedures. Track project completion status versus progressive billing and justify deviations.
- Follow all government guidelines for projects and adhere to all applicable OSHA and environmental guidelines.
- 10+ years of Construction Project Manager experience with increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Ability to independently manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between project management and manufacturing engineering project team
- Ability to drive big picture goals while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Ability to quickly identify construction issues and to quickly evaluate escalation to management where appropriate
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
- Ability to read construction drawings, single line electrical drawings and P&ID drawings
- Bi-lingual written and spoken (English and Spanish)
- Experience with automotive manufacturing and construction projects in support of manufacturing equipment installations
- OSHA 30 training
- BS minimum in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering discipline
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.