Global Supply Manager, Retail Service (Automotive)
Newark, CA /
Purchasing & Supply Chain – Indirect Purchasing /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Global Supply Manager supporting the Service Team under Sales and Service. The Global Supply Manager manages company business with a group of suppliers and is a key internal interface with the Retail Service team to develop service centers globally. The Global Supply Manager must identify, develop, and manage the global supply chain, work with contractors and vendors for materials, services, Service equipment and tooling. He or she will help establish our global supply chain strategy, manage end to end contracting, supplier management, and support cross function teams in execution.
- Collaborate with project team and Service team to identify potential suppliers with the right qualifications to meet Lucid Motors expectations and timeline.
- Work with vendors and contractors to source for Service equipment, tooling and supplies; review bid packages, scope documentation, and change management.
- Negotiate pricing, contract terms, and manage cost changes throughout the lifecycle of the product, includes warranties, maintenance plans, etc. Maintain overall contractor relationships and act as single point of contact for all commercial issues.
- Create Request for Quote (RFQ), review, analyze and clarify quotations from vendors and develop sound sourcing and business recommendations balancing cost, quality, lead-time, and technical considerations.
- Work with contractors and project team to manage design changes and impacts.
- Work with Vendors and Retail design to qualify future products and equipment.
- Manage company budgets to ensure project deliver on-time and on-budget.
- Review project construction drawings to order equipment to meet schedule for delivery and storage and/or delivery and installation.
- Manage contractor development and project timelines, develop solutions to delays or problems that arise.
- Work with internal business partners; Finance, Legal, Accounts Payables, Warehouse managers and other cross functional teams on projects.
- Own key supplier relationships and performance, both strategic and tactical, through the entire life cycle of company projects. Travel 15-25% to visit suppliers to perform business and program reviews.
- This is an individual contributor role within the Corporate Retail Purchasing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or supply chain discipline, minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Commodity management experience
- Product launch experience, beyond sourcing behind a desk
- You have innovative ideas you will bring to the table to help optimize cost and schedule
- Excellent analytical, negotiations and problem-solving skills. Passionate for results, strategy, and hands on execution. Creative, calculated risk taker with the ability to manage supply issues and resolve supplier disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal partners.
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and program management capabilities
- Proficient in Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, ERP systems (SAP)
- Ability to mitigate unforeseen problem creatively and effectively.
- The candidate for this position is required to work in the office; Corporate office in Newark CA.
- •Commodity management/Sourcing experience with contractors and vendors in support of Service under Sales and Service.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.