Group Manager, Software Applications and Services
Supply Chain – Purchasing
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Group Manager, Global Supply leads all company business for a group of commodities and recruits, manages and mentors a team of Global Supply Managers. He or she is the key internal interface with Engineering, Finance, Logistics, Quality and Manufacturing to establish our global supply chain strategy, supports cross-functional teams during the development and industrialization phases and drives strategic supplier relationships that achieve cost-effective procurement goals or technical advantages for the company.
Candidates must have strong experience managing global suppliers, exceptional negotiation experience, knowledge of global procurement practices, contracts, laws and regulations, and the ability to lead cross-functional project teams as well as the capacity to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable environment.
- Total ownership of key supplier relationships and activities, both strategic and tactical, through the entire lifecycle of company projects, from initial sourcing through development, tooling and industrialization phases as well as product launch and ongoing business management.
- Owner of RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's - ensuring all commercial terms are agreed and documented. Ensures NDA, SOW's and Master Purchase Agreement are positioned appropriately before the business is initiated.
- Work closely with Engineering and Quality teams to identify, evaluate and select suppliers while balancing cost, quality, lead time and technical considerations.
- Follow industry trends and develop global market analyses that enable the development of commodity strategies and sound make-or-buy analysis supported by detailed cost projections.
- Complete “should cost” and benchmarking analysis as the basis for supplier pricing discussions.
- Negotiate all commercial terms and conditions with suppliers for the procurement and delivery of materials, tools, equipment, and services with minimal support from the Legal team.
- Help suppliers develop manufacturing capabilities by recommending operational improvements and implementation of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Support Engineering as well as Manufacturing to establish a smooth and effective supply chain transition from R&D to New Product Introduction (NPI) to full production.
- Help create departmental processes from scratch, at the same time mentoring and developing a team of Global Supply Managers to build a world-class Procurement organization.
- Track performance of team and suppliers and publish metrics on delivery, quality, and cost.
- 2-3+ years of experience in Supply Chain or Project/Program Management in a fast-paced, innovative environment focused on software.
- Experience with consumer electronic firmware/codec licensing, IOS/Android application development, Mapping, NLU/Voice, Grace note, and other automotive software/firmware sourcing.
- Experiences with carrier connectivity and data warehousing sourcing.
- Experiences with data migration is a huge plus.
- Ability to think outside of the box to achieve the best cost and offer maximum product features
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
- Must have exceptional ability to maintain and develop relationships within cross-functional teams within Lucid as well as suppliers’ teams and management
- Excellent presentation skills to senior management and executive level
- Bachelor in a Technical field (EE preferred), MBA Plus
- Ability to travel Internationally- up to 25% of the time
- 2 years of managerial experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in technical, supply chain or finance discipline, MBA preferred
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.