Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Body In White
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for an experienced Body in White Manufacturing Engineering Manager to support the relevant engineering and design activities that would lead to the successful execution and launch of our vehicle in a fast-paced, cross-functional greenfield environment. The successful candidate will be working with cutting edge automation that enables best in class engineering designs to be produced in volume with exceptional world class quality. The applicant must be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual.
- Coordinate and manage daily activities including but not limited to resource loading, monitoring design and build progress, and communicating issues to appropriate stakeholders
- Lead engineering efforts for equipment designs and resource planning between different Body in White projects
- Participate in core team meetings, generate action items and follow up with team members
- Coordinate interdependent tasks and deliverable's with other groups across the Lucid Motors company, including Engineering, Design Studio, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Planning, Process and Sustaining Engineering
- Work closely with product engineering teams to drive DFM solutions and resolution to Body in White related issues
- Produce comprehensive and elaborate spreadsheets, graphs and PowerPoint presentations for meetings and management reports
- Coordinate resources, provide clear direction and timelines for deliverable's, and delegate tasks across the Body in White engineering team
- Identify, maintain and ensure milestones and related activities are fully met
- Ensure alignment between all individual contributors, internally and at Suppliers
- Create standardized reports about manufacturing engineering status, and risks
- Act as interface between Body in White and other cross functional teams
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies, as needed
- Track and report per- progress
- BS in engineering is required, Advanced degrees, Masters or PhD, are highly preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience in automotive industry is highly preferred.
- Proven track record as Program/ Manager supporting the Body in White
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (MS-, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Proven ability to communicate to people at all levels within an engineering organization
- Creative, energetic, self-motivated and highly organized
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced office and plant floor environment, meet critical deadlines with an eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Critical management skills with a high level of initiative and sound judgement
- Practical understanding of product development processes
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in 3D software (CATIA is a plus)
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.