Creative Director, Brand
Newark, CA /
Brand & Product Design – Brand Design /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
In this role, you are critical in ensuring the success of the Brand’s Brand Design Team. As the Creative Director, you are acting as the Art Director working cross-functionally within the various teams and departments at Lucid. The Creative Director is responsible for concepting ideas and generating clear, concise content treatments to support the brand’s core mission and DNA, from ideation to execution. The Creative Director has a proven storytelling ability to create, direct and execute world-class content that delivers against the Lucid standards and drives engagement across any platform. The Creative Director ensures that work is conceptually in line with campaign objectives and execution of the concept offers new angles, inspiration, and practical solutions.
- Be an active part of the design of our print and digital projects; including magazines, brochures, showroom, event kiosks, the Lucid website, and the e-commerce site.
- Create style guides and apply those guides across platforms to drive a cohesive brand vision
- Create mockups, refine design details, and prepare assets for both the print and digital storytelling needs of the company.
- Deliver expert pitches through beautifully designed presentation decks to make your case and gain stakeholder buy-in.
- Collaborate with various departments (clients), producers, photography crews, editors, graphic artists, and designers to achieve the finished product.
- Support the effort of our in-car UI design to ensure it similarly carries our digital design identity
- Work closely and iteratively with printers and developers to ensure design accuracy throughout the creative process
- Train, manage and mentor direct reports (two Brand Designers)
- 8+ years of experience working on brand-centered design projects as Creative Director or Art Director.
- Expert knowledge of graphic design and a portfolio demonstrating this
- Expert knowledge of layout and typography for print, digital, and environmental applications
- Experience working with external agencies and contractors
- Led and/or built a dynamic team of producers and project managers
- A demonstrated user empathy approach to design and fluency in print and environmental design
- Expert aptitude in project management tools like Basecamp, Asana, etc.
- Understanding of the premium luxury space
- Fluent in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $131,000-187,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.