Global Supply Manager, Software Application and Services
Newark, CA /
Supply Chain – Purchasing /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Global Supply Manager in vehicle software and data services. The Global Supply Manager manages all company business with a group of suppliers and is the key internal interface with Engineering, Finance, Logistics, Quality and Manufacturing to deliver world-class products on time and cost-effectively. The Global Supply Manager must identify, develop, and manage the Global Supply Chain. He or she will help establish our global supply chain strategy, support cross-functional teams during the development and industrialization phases and drive sound business decisions throughout the product lifecycle. This is an opportunity to join a growing team to learn how to approach sourcing from system point of view.
- Ability to understand and present complex in vehicle software development and drive engineering team for requirement
- Define critical project milestone and help key stakeholder to march toward milestone goal
- Total ownership of key supplier relationships and activities, both strategic and tactical, through the entire lifecycle of company projects, from initial sourcing through development, tooling and industrialization phases as well as product launch and ongoing business management.
- Owner of RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's - ensuring all commercial terms are agreed and documented. Ensures NDA, SOW's and Master Purchase Agreement are positioned appropriately before the business is initiated.
- Work closely with Engineering and Quality teams to identify, evaluate and select suppliers while balancing cost, quality, lead time and technical considerations.
- Follow industry trends and develop global market analyses that enable the development of commodity strategies and sound make-or-buy analysis supported by detailed cost projections.
- Negotiate all commercial terms and conditions with suppliers for the procurement and delivery of materials, tools, equipment, and services with minimal support from the Legal team.
- Help suppliers develop manufacturing capabilities by recommending operational improvements and implementation of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Support Engineering as well as Manufacturing to establish a smooth and effective supply chain transition from R&D to New Product Introduction (NPI) to full production
- 4 years minimum Purchasing, Supply Chain, or Engineering experience or 2 years of relevant experience with an MBA
- Prior experience in sourcing software for embedded systems, as application, or as data service is required.
- Understanding of quality principles, product development processes, and data analysis. Able to show teamwork to resolve problems and a thought process to drive successful solutions
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills. Passion for results, strategy, and hands-on execution. Creative, calculated risk taker with the ability to manage difficult suppliers and resolve disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal staff
- Proficient in Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, ERP systems (SAP or equivalent)
- Prior experiences in sourcing connectivity software and data carriers
- Prior experiences in sourcing automotive software suppliers
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.