Lead UX Researcher / Strategist
Newark, CA /
Brand & Product Design – User Experience /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Currently, we are looking for a Lead UX Researcher / Strategist with a strong passion for identifying people needs and help creating amazing experiences on screen and in/out of physical environments. We love your strong interest in the future of user experience, to assist with designing and marketing our range of next-generation connected cars.
- Be a researcher and strategist to advocate opportunities in UX
- This role is not about just being a researcher, but a strategist who can prove the idea that has positive impacts on our products
- Be a seeker for opportunities that our UX can impact not only in user experience, but to craft meaningful partnership with service providers.
- Propose business ideas with proven research data.
- Owner of digital user journey communicating high level of how end to end user journey can reshape automotive experience since the inception of being spectators to become owners
- Create research activities to understand deep level of customers’ needs/ wants
- Establish strong partnership with product and design teams to identify meaningful questions, and then plan out the activities to reach goals
- Be a strong member who can continue to inform internal partners to make informed decisions.
- Assess and build the best methodology to come up with matrix to prove and justify our questions and results.
- Be a strong ambassador leveraging mix of research questions, timeline, and resourcing both in and out of our organization.
- Communicate clearly based on the facts to empower research insights to influence internal partners including all disciplines of designers, product managers, SW/ ME engineers.
- Use research insights to drive impact on product design and direction
- Leverage the research data to collaborate with designers to come up with use cases
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience conducting user research with small to large focus groups.
- End-to-end experience conducting all aspects of research (ergonomics, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Experience with a broad set of user research methods (including semi-structured interviews, field research, surveys and questionnaire design, diary studies, and usability studies)
- Experience working cross-functionally with design, product management, and engineering
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics, behavioral data analysis, and quantitative analysis methods
- Graduate degree in Human-computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Design strategy, business or similar
- Experience conducting research on voice-based experiences
- Experience conducting research in a variety of settings (e.g., in-lab, in-home, on-the-go, and remotely)
- Experience with global research
- Experience in consumer products
- Demonstrated success influencing product and design decisions with research insights
- Experience with Luxury Brands (Automotive industry a plus, but not must)
- Experience with Luxury Product Marketing in the US, EU, and China
- Voice user research a plus
- Research experience for Consumer Electronics Product a plus
- Experience research multi-lingual digital product interfaces for consumers
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.