Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Body Structures /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Working at Lucid Motors means being part of a shared vision, where we work together to produce revolutionary ways to power the future. To do so, we’re looking for a Manager, Automotive Closures Systems. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s asked for yet, then we want to talk with you!
- Build and Lead a world class Closures team
- Be responsible for the design of all major car closure systems including, doors, hood, trunk, windows, etc. Including, all mechanisms, sealing systems and hardware (hinges, latches, etc.)
- Benchmark closure systems designs
- Work closely with CAE teams interpreting and using analysis results to guide and evolve the design
- Work with manufacturing to ensure efficient buildable designs
- Work efficiently within a multidisciplinary cooperative environment
- Support prototype builds in a hands-on manner
- Devise tests to prove out the design
- Expertise in vehicle closure systems design
- Experience with Catia or equivalent CAD systems
- Solid track record of successful system level integration
- Experience working with Class A surface data
- Experience with castings, extrusion process, stampings and their advantages and limitations
- Working knowledge of Aluminum and Magnesium structure joining techniques.
- Proof of excellence in your past position, while demonstrating profound creativity in resolving mechanical design problems
- Experience in full life cycle, from concept to prototype to full production
- Experience with composites
- Experience with GD&T
- Fabrication experience
- 3D printing
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
You should have:
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.