Development Engineer, Aluminum Structures Joining
Hardware Engineering – Body Structures
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Development Engineer – Body Structures Joining. This position requires an experienced professional with a deep knowledge of structural joining solutions, including adhesives. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and validate state of the art Body-in-White structural joining solutions
- Coordinate CAE and physical validation testing
- A proven track record in state of the art structural joining solutions for automotive Body-in-White
- Working knowledge of structural joining methods - e.g. structural adhesives, flow drill, SPR, rivet and welding systems
- In-depth knowledge of aluminum alloys
- Specification development experience
- A self-driven approach to pushing the limits of engineering, and developing new technologies
- Experience with Catia V5/V6 is preferred but not essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering discipline is preferred, but not essential for the right candidate
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.