Head of Strategy & Operations, Product Engineering
Hardware Engineering – Vehicle Development /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are seeking an exceptional Head of Strategy & Operations within the Product Engineering department. This role requires a seasoned leader with a background in the automotive or technology industries, who can drive strategic initiatives, streamline operations, and ensure the successful execution of projects that underpin Lucid's groundbreaking vehicle lineup.
- Collaborate with the SVP of Product Engineering to define and implement the department's strategic vision, goals, and objectives.
- Provide standardized dashboards and KPIs and critical insights, analysis, and recommendations to optimize decision-making processes within Product Engineering.
- Facilitate cross-functional communication and collaboration, fostering a cohesive working environment between Product Engineering and other relevant departments.
- Develop and lead the operational roadmap, ensuring alignment with overall company strategy and engineering priorities.
- Prepare, run and document regular Product engineering meetings
- Own the “list of open points/task list” with priorities for assignments given by the SVP, as well as, follow up with the owners to bring to closure
- Oversee budget and headcount planning to maximize resource utilization.
- Be a strategic partner to the SVP of Product Engineering, advising on key decisions and supporting crisis management.
- Take on development process and tools improvement projects to drive efficiency and consistency.
- Develop and present executive-level reports, presentations, and updates on strategic initiatives and operational performance.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies to inform strategic decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, with an MBA preferred.
- Proven experience (8+ years) in product engineering, project management, strategic planning and operations, within the automotive or technology sectors.
- Strong understanding of electric vehicle technology and the automotive industry landscape.
- Exceptional analytical and root causing skills with a high degree of resilience to pressure.
- Experience in managing budgets and headcount planning.
- Strong data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Team player with excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts effectively.
- Ability to work independently, stay hyper-focused, and prioritize work effectively.
- Results-oriented, diligent, and detail-oriented.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.