Functional Safety Engineer
Newark, CA /
Homologation & Safety – Homologation and Functional Safety /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking multiple Functional Safety Engineers. This position requires experienced professionals with hands-on experience in functional safety engineering in the context of ISO 26262 at an OEM or Tier 1. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Drive the development of functional safety system requirements and functional decomposition for (a) specific functional domain(s)
- Actively contribute to the definition and/or confirmation of the system architecture of one or more functional domains in the vehicle (powertrain, chassis, etc.) from the perspective of the functional safety engineer
- Define the functional safety concept for the relevant system, hardware, and software according to ISO 26262 standards
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop hazard analysis, safety concepts, and DFMEA for the relevant system/domain. Take ownership of these work products including their approvals
- Support functional safety validation tests
- Work closely with internal teams and suppliers to define functional safety interfaces between project partners. Generate DIAs and other necessary functional safety information for supplier systems/components
- Help implement and master functional safety processes and tools to ensure Lucid Motors’ vehicle provides world-class safety
- Work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Knowledge of vehicle embedded systems and functions such as torque demand, motor control, warnings/alerts, or similar
- Deep knowledge of automotive software development process and the V-Model system development, verification and validation framework
- An intimate knowledge of ISO 26262 and experience developing and delivering the major work products of a functional safety program
- Experience supporting external/third-party reviews of functional safety work products.
- A strong attention to detail and desire to create the very best product
- A collaborative approach to working closely with development teams
- Understanding of the product safety responsibility share between supplier and OEM
- Experience with functional safety tools (e.g. Medini, APIS IQ) and requirements management tools (e.g. Jama)
- Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills
- Experience with electric propulsion systems, including relevant controls preferred but not required.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and using related tools
- Knowledge of CMMI and Automotive Spice and their role in delivering a quality product
- Experience developing and delivering embedded system hardware and/or software
- Experience with driver assistance and autonomous driving
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline such as computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a functional safety engineer or related role
- Advanced degrees preferred
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.