ADAS/AD Computing Platform Mechanical Engineer
Newark, CA /
Autonomous Driving – Autonomous Driving /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Computing Platform Integration Engineer for our ADAS/AD team. This position requires an experienced professional with a background in automotive ECU mechanical design at an OEM or Tier 1. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection
- Lead the design of Lucid’s next generation computing platform hardware from mechanical aspects
- Lead the hardware and thermal integration for the central domain controller for autonomous driving
- Design mounting and cooling strategies for the central domain controller
- Work closely with design and body engineering teams to integrate the computing platform components.
- Work closely with thermal and NVH teams to ensure seamless integration of high- performance computing hardware.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and suppliers to define functional and functional safety requirements
- Be in charge of component level verification and validation
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose problems using diagnostic tools
- Work in a dynamic environment which evolves at a high pace
- Experience with ECU integration
- Experience with thermal simulation
- Strong knowledge of CAD/CATIA
- Familiarity with automotive environmental testing standards, test methods, and procedures
- Track record of technical excellence
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with the ability to present to a non expert audience.
- BS minimum in the areas of Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields (Advanced degrees preferred)
- 3+ years of work experience in related position
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.