Sr. Manufacturing Equipment Engineer (Powertrain, Battery Wire Bonding)
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an EV Powertrain Battery Equipment Engineer (Wire Bonding Specialist). The position requires an in depth theoretical knowledge and significant hands-on experience with the wire bonding technology, as well as a good understanding of lithium-ion battery design and construction. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to processes the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for setting up, programming, calibrating and maintaining all wire bonding automated processes and equipment
- Able to define and fully understand, program, maintain and operate a variety of industrial robots such as Cartesian, Delta and Articulated robots as applied to perform unmanned operations for li-ion battery manufacturing.
- Able to define and understand, program, maintain a variety of electrical EOL testing equipment.
- Support New Product Development activities from concept to ramp up production, with primary focus on designing and implementing new manufacturing equipment and processes for the launch of our lithium-ion battery assembly lines.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead the technical efforts of teams engaged in the complex multidisciplinary technological development
- Use and SPC and other statistical techniques as a tool to improve existing processes and define new processes
- Participate in Product Design reviews to ensure manufacturability of products.
- Assist plant level safety, environmental and quality assurance personnel. Ensure that all assembly processes and equipment meet all safety, environmental, quality and engineering requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with all disciplines involved in specifying and engineering complex mechatronics products
- Ability to lead and contribute during all phases of the project from initial concept to production ramp.
- BS Mechatronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a technology-based industry, where automated assembly techniques are utilized. Preferred EV Powertrain battery module & pack experience.
- Industrial Engineering experience working in high-volume assembly processes.
- Knowledge of automated equipment systems and tools - robotic, vision, material handling, Conveyors, PLC, HMI, etc.
- Travel required – 10%
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.