Senior Engineer, Battery Algorithms
Newark, CA /
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Engineer, Battery Algorithms. This position requires an experienced professional with a strong research background in battery control algorithms, combined with a passion for developing mass-market software products. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional team to advance our cutting-edge battery control strategy
- Contribute to our world-acclaimed battery product for Formula E motorsports, and mass-market passenger vehicles
- In conjunction with battery cell engineers, research and develop battery models and algorithms in MATLAB / Simulink
- In conjunction with powertrain controls engineers, optimize powertrain control strategy for system efficiency, performance, and user experience
- Implement high-performance battery algorithms on embedded processors
- In conjunction with battery test engineers, develop battery test plans to validate cell models and algorithms
- In conjunction with system integration engineers, develop integration tests to validate battery algorithms in vehicle
- 5 years of excellent track record in developing control algorithms for embedded applications
- Strong ability to define technical problems and carry out research independently
- Expertise in MATLAB and Simulink
- Proficiency in C/C++
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering, PhD preferred
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in modeling and testing Lithium-ion batteries
- Working knowledge of RTOS or AUTOSAR
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.