DBRE Manager, Cloud Platform
Newark, CA /
Digital – Cloud and Data Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Cloud Platform team at Lucid is seeking a Database Reliability Engineering Manager. In this position, you will lead a team to build and maintain the reliability of the various Databases offered as services on various public and private Cloud Infrastructures.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches the work with vigor and determination. We are looking for a hands-on Software Engineering Manager who will collaborate with various stakeholders to build tools & services to keep up the SLA of the several Databases offered by the Cloud Platform.
- Manage and lead the Reliability Engineering of various Databases offered as a Service by the Cloud Platform
- Manage the uptime, scalability, and availability of various types of Databases that include but are not limited to Postgres, TimescaleDB, InfluxDB, Cassandra, MemCache, and MongoDB
- Provide the reliability of services such as Prometheus, Grafana, ElasticSearch with Logstash, Vector, FluentD, and more on both Public and Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Experienced with HA big-data systems and can manage highly scalable databases
- Support the reliability aspects of databases that can handle large volumes of data insertion without impacting the query responses.
- Build tools and frameworks to automate the monitoring systems to ensure the highest level of uptime in various production-grade environments
- Collaborate with Service Owners to define SLOs, build SLIs, and ensure the Database services meet the SLA
- Indulge with Developers, DevOps, Data Scientists, and Quality Engineers to build reliable services from design to production.
- Use Incident management processes and always look for improving operational efficiency.
- Swiftly navigate through the incident, perform the impact analysis and take appropriate actions.
- Understands customer impact and can prioritize the workload between features development and customer support
- Create a 24/7 service availability model to proactive monitor the systems across geographical locations.
- Track record of hiring and building SRE organization from the ground up.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in SRE or DevOps Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience in managing one or more SRE teams
- 1-3 years of experience in the management and operational administration of databases such as Postgres, Cassandra, InfluxDB, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, or other similar databases
- 1-3 years of experience deploying and maintaining applications that are built using Docker and orchestrated on Kubernetes on Public or Private Cloud Providers
- 1-3 years of experience using Cloud Automation tools such as Terraform, Pulumi, Cluster API, or other frameworks
- 1-3 years of experience in Programing or scripting languages using Python, Go, Bash/Shell, or others
- Show experience in hiring and building high-performant SRE teams
- Show the traits of being detail-oriented with time management and organization skills, and dedication to quality
- Experienced with various debugging tools and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks at the infrastructure or application tier
- Good to have experience with Config Management and automation using Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or others
- Good to know about REST-based APIs and knows how to triage the request-response
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $150,000 - $214,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.