Senior Data Scientist, Vehicle Quality and Maintenance
Newark, CA /
Data Engineering – Data Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As a Sr Data Scientist (Preventive Maintenance) you will help setting the foundations of the area of preventive maintenance in our fast-growing data science team. You will help various teams at Lucid to leverage our vast data lake of telemetry/vehicle data to minimize vehicle defects by predicting and repairing upcoming issues before they can impact our customers. Additionally, you will work with some of the most brilliant talents in the automotive industry to identify novel areas for preventive maintenance helping Lucid to build one of the most reliable EVs on the market.
- Work on state-of-the-art large-scale data analytics and machine learning projects around preventive maintenance topics
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities to predict and prevent problems in the vehicle and in various other business domains
- Shape the strategy for data engineering, data science and data infrastructure
- Design and develop data science pipelines for scalable parallel processing, for instance using PySpark, Scala, SQL
- Drive solutions from rapid prototype development to robust, high quality deployments that operate on the data from thousands of vehicles
- Drive critical business questions with data-driven approaches towards insights and help define clear management recommendations and directions
- Extract actionable insights from broad, open-ended questions
- Adapt machine learning and data mining algorithms to solve problems across multiple teams
- Use comprehensive data presentations to help stakeholders to clearly understand results and recommendations
- Lead projects through hands-on analysis and modeling, drawing from a broad knowledge of analytical and machine learning methods. Find the right tools and complexity levels appropriate for each challenge
- Engage broadly with the whole organization to identify, prioritize, frame, and structure high-impact areas for data driven predictions
- Ph.D. or Masters in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research or a related field. Alternatively, at least 8 years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of practical Data Science or Machine Learning experience working on time-series data analysis, prediction, or pattern recognition
- Technical expertise in at least one relevant area: Statistics, time-series data analysis and modeling, Prediction with traditional machine learning methods or deep learning, Optimization and operations research, Natural language processing (NLP), text mining, sentiment analysis, information retrieval, etc.
- Proficiency with Spark, SQL and/or machine learning frameworks
- Strong programming skills in Python, Scala or Java (3+ years)
- A habit to produce clean, high-quality, documented and well tested code
- A good understanding of machine learning pipelines and processes
- Exposure to distributed computing platforms, like Kubernetes or Hadoop/Spark
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Zeppelin, Grafana)
- Fast learner able to quickly understand the use cases and needs of various product stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with telematics data analytics is a plus
- Relevant experience in automotive, transportation or manufacturing is a plus
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.