Material Flow Industrial Engineer
Casa Grande, AZ /
Supply Chain – Logistics /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid Motors is recruiting for an experienced Material Flow Industrial Engineer to join our Material Flow Engineering team in Casa Grande, Arizona. The industrial engineer will use his/her process engineering experience to design material flow processes and optimize material delivery and storage capacities in the factory and the warehouse. This role demands excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a holistic understanding of production operations. The Industrial engineer will work across departments with production, warehouse, packaging, quality, finance, supply chain, demand planning, production planning, and various engineering teams to improve factory and warehouse operations. A successful industrial engineer will balance short-term tactical improvement with long-term business process and systems improvement.
- Identify and design material flow processes to establish efficient material delivery systems to the factory and sub-assembly lines.
- Optimize material storage and delivery methodologies.
- Work closely with Material handling equipment design, warehouse, manufacturing and production planning staff to understand requirements to provide efficient material flow systems.
- Create and implement tools to audit efficiency and identify cost reduction opportunities across the factory and the warehouse.
- Educate and engage cross-functional teams in importance of continuous improvement.
- Own, manage and communicate improvement opportunities and implementation plans to all relevant levels and functions in the factory and the warehouse.
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering or a similar discipline with 2+ years of work experience.
- Outstanding critical thinking and communication skills, with a high level of autonomy, ability to work efficiently in an ambiguous environment, and a `can-do' attitude.
- Innate ability to fully comprehend new processes and systems quickly, with high attention to detail. Leadership/management experience and/or end-to-end project management experience.
- Experience with time/motion study analysis, continuous improvement (6 sigma techniques, lean manufacturing), and change management.
- Advanced-level MS Office skills (primarily Excel).
- Experience with any/all of the following: simulation modeling software (FlexSim), data visualization software (Tableau), design software (SolidWorks, CATIA), programming languages (SQL, Python, MATLAB, VBA).
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.