Sr. Electrical/Equipment Safety Engineer, EHS
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Environmental, Health, and Safety /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a EHS Engineer, Equipment to support Lucid’s Advanced Manufacturing Plant. Our ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, committed to high quality workmanship and able to work independently. This role will be critical in supporting day-to-day operations. Superior communication skills are critical; a candidate that strives for excellence, challenges themselves, and seeks after opportunities for individual development will be a valuable addition to the Lucid EH&S team.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of EHS Management System elements pertaining to all manufacturing operations teams including Logistics, BIW, Powertrain, GA, Paint, etc.
- Manage multiple construction projects through design, build and commissioning.
- Provide field safety oversight of work activities on construction site and future state facilities.
- Ensure compliance with Local, State, and Federal health and safety regulations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, plans, and procedures as it relates to construction and equipment safety.
- Partner on factory acceptance testing (FAT) to ensure incorporation of applicable ANSI and OSHA standards on equipment; inclusive of industry best practices.
- Partner on site acceptance testing (SAT) to ensure equipment is safe for operation and production release.
- Conduct safety functionality testing on newly installed or modified equipment to ensure the safety control devices perform as intended by the safety logic.
- Drive machine risk assessment processes for equipment across varying manufacturing shops.
- Perform risk assessment on production lines and equipment according to equipment safety standards.
- Oversee the MOC process on safety systems and devices for existing equipment.
- Design, sustain, and improve the equipment safety transfer of risk process for new projects.
- Partake in manufacturing equipment design engineering meetings to advise and align design/integration decisions with Lucid EHS specifications.
- Practice and sustain strong communication between all organizations.
- Create and standardize policies for employees to follow that minimize job-related hazards.
- Review existing Lucid Motors standards and drive continuous improvement.
- Lead and document incident investigations to determine RCCA outcomes.
- Lead and review the hazard analysis program and utilization of JHA/PTP tools.
- Perform frequent job-site safety inspections and procedural audits in the field and can take immediate action where required.
- Review equipment design to ensure equipment and tooling adheres to ANSI, ISO, RIA, NFPA, GB and OSHA equipment, machinery, and electrical safety standards as applies.
- Provide continuous support to Engineering and Manufacturing staff from design to SOP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS engineering; with 5+ years of experience. Or a Masters degree, PhD in EHS Engineering required.
- 5+ years of direct experience in related industries (automotive, machine integration, semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.).
- 5+ years automation experience including mechanical/electrical/control design.
- 5+ years of on-the-ground equipment risk assessment and commissioning project management.
- Experience in working with varying Local, State, and Federal permitting authorities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and drive results in a rapid growth environment.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, UBC, ISO, ANSI, RIA, NFPA, GB, codes.
- Manufacturing is a 24/7 operation; must be available to support occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Background in PLC programming/troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate effectively and drive team performance; management experience is a plus.
- Availability to travel 50% internationally, as needed.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required (to include evenings and weekends, as needed).
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.