Electrical Engineer or Technical Specialist, Vehicle Safety Systems
Homologation & Safety – Vehicle Crash Safety and CAE
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a (Sr.) Electrical Engineer for vehicle safety systems. This position is responsible to define, execute and validate one or more of the vehicle safety systems such as Restraint Control Module (also known as Sensing and Diagnosis Module, or Airbag Control Module) and all satellite sensors, Occupant Classification System, Driver Monitoring System, eCall, Seat Belt Reminder System, etc. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be the “Feature Owner” of the systems, responsible for the systems function, performance and implementation
- Define the system performance requirements and validation plan
- Manage Tier 1 suppliers for both engineering development and program timing. Function as the main point of contact for all supplier interfaces
- Work closely with vehicle electrical integration team to integrate the safety systems into vehicle overall electrical architecture
- Support vehicle homologation team to ensure regulatory compliance of the systems
- A proven track record of technical excellence in vehicle electrical system development, ideally with experience in any of the safety systems: Restraint Control Module, Occupant Classification System, Driver Monitoring System, eCall, Seat Belt Reminder System, etc.
- Knowledge of latest technology advancement in the field of vehicle crash safety
- Engineering fundamentals in problem solving
- The ability to articulate highly technical issues to audiences not in the safety field, such as top management, design studio, purchasing team, etc.
- Excellent people skills to manage suppliers, push the envelope to develop optimal technical solutions, ensure timely delivery of all components
- Knowledge about Functional Safety
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.