Mechanical Engineer, Hardware Design and Packaging
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Body Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer responsible for enclosure design and packaging. This position requires an experienced professional with a passion of designing ECU enclosure assemblies. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Design robust enclosure boxes for in-house PCB’s conforming to durability requirements.
- Collaborate with different groups to optimize packaging space, ECU fastening strategy and fulfilling serviceability requirements.
- Work with Tier 1 suppliers and understand mechanical system implementation.
- Work with Purchasing to establish and approve tooling requirements and timing.
- Responsible for release process in PLM and create 2D Assembly/manufacturing drawings
- Proven track record in mechanical design of electrical components.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software like CATIA V5 or similar
- Knowledge about plastic and sheet metal design.
- Strong Knowledge of Thermal Management in ECU design.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field
- Expertise in latest manufacturing process, Design for Manufacturing, 3D Printing technology
- Connector Selection for high speed bus systems
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.