Sr Engineer, IT Infrastructure Observability
Newark, CA /
Information Technology – Global IT Infrastructure /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Systems Observability Engineer for our Newark location. This position requires an experienced technical expert in observability in network, physical systems, virtual systems, backup and storage systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Highly skilled in operational efficiency, optimal utilization, and system resiliency for a real-time streaming analytics platform.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in monitoring systems and applications, conduct initial troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Support the integration and deployment of new technologies with monitoring systems. Decommission old monitoring agents as needed.
- Implement service level metrics and service level objectives that act as service-level indicators.
- Collect, aggregate and visualize the collected metrics to provide actionable insight.
- Design processes that help improve observability and system resiliency.
- Work with other system administrators, engineers, and vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Maintain monitoring documentation, diagrams, and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to operations monitoring.
- Identify potential trends in performance gaps and recommend modifications to the standardized work documents by using process improvement principles.
- Triage site availability incidents and proactively work towards reducing MTTR for customer-impacting incidents.
- Coordinate with Project Management as a subject matter expert (SME) on various projects, for infrastructure and IT operations. Automate as required.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies to identify, research, evaluate and present concepts and solutions to management for implementation considerations.
- Advocate standards, best practices, policies, and procedures.
- 6+ years of Site Reliability Engineer or production Engineer.
- 5+ years of Windows, Linux server environment.
- 2+ years of experience of networking and working with network devices.
- Excellent Systems Observability & Monitoring experience.
- Strong coding experience in Python, Perl, Bash.
- Strong technical knowledge of orchestration engines and package management including Kubernetes and Helm.
- Good understanding of modern application, version control and development flow.
- Experience with Influx DB Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, SolarWinds, ELK and APM.
- Knowledge of containers and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure and/or GCP).
- Experience defining, creating, and supporting monitoring dashboards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.