Closures Engineer – Hood / Bonnet
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Body Structures /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for an automotive Closures Engineer – Hood / Bonnet. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s asked for yet, then we want to talk with you!
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Design and engineer automotive hood or bonnet systems within the body and closures group
- Take ownership of the hood system for Lucid Air and forthcoming vehicles from clean sheet of paper and carry them through prototype, testing, PPAP, and start of production
- Drive to perfection and own closures internal development targets in structure, cost, weight while balancing simultaneous engineering aspects such as design for manufacturability, assembly, joining, dimensional engineering
- Carry your part in packaging and studio engineering
- Own and drive your system for CAE, aero, durability, pedestrian protection, manufacturing, and other aspects in dynamic, fast paced hardware engineering department
- Create your own CAD or work with CAD designers and contractors to meet your system goals
- Profound knowledge of hood or bonnet systems and demonstrable track record of technical excellence
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals such as strength & stiffness of materials, statics & dynamics, physics, lightweight design principles, buckling theory, structural section properties
- Experience in and passion for shaping structural designs at the edge of their process limitations, integrating interfaces, considering bodyshop requirements and joining
- A minimum of (5) years relevant design & engineering experience in automotive closures – hood or bonnet
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- Creativity within complex 3D virtual package environment
- The ability to create or drive someone to create complex CAD models in CATIA V6 quickly and efficiently while holding CAD part, tree, links & publications to an excellent standard, and to utilize CAD methodologies, study files, slab models, knowledge based engineering
- Ability to interrogate CAD, run section cuts, and use CAD for digital mockup and package studies
- A solid knowledge of aluminum, steel, and other common closures materials
- A solid knowledge of common closures processes such as stamping, hemming,
- Experience in interacting with studio and working with class A surface
- Well-developed team working and interpersonal skills
- A great work ethic
- Launch experience
- Bachelor of Science (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline or higher
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.