Newark, CA /
People & Places – Facilities /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are seeking a seasoned and hands-on Facilities Director to direct the running of our facilities and create a safe and efficient work environment that improves business performance and optimizes staff productivity. You will be responsible for overseeing the build out of our over 300k square feet. Headquarters and R&D center and future global Lucid job sites. Your duties will include directing facilities functions, implementing policies and safety procedures, engaging with vendors and contractors, minimizing hazards, preparing facilities budgets and monitoring expenditure, designing and planning workstations, coordinating remodeling and refurbishment initiatives, testing equipment, forecasting space needs, ensuring compliance with zoning laws, and adhering to lease agreements with our landlord. Your skills in managing facilities and directing facilities functions will assist our organization in creating integrated spaces, minimizing disruptions to overall business operations, improving working conditions, and creating a safe and comfortable environment for both staff and clients.
- Supervise a team of facilities staff (manager, engineers, technicians, etc.) and external contractors, as well as lead cross functional facilities work with the Administration and IT teams.
- Responsible for overseeing global expansion of Lucid facilities.
- Oversee all building functions and security. Coordinate all maintenance work and schedules.
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
- Inspect building systems to determine the need for repairs or renovations.
- Plan and oversee multi-million-dollar construction and renovation projects and oversee all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity, R&D equipment etc.) and refurbishments. Negotiate bids and contracts for third party workers and coordinate content and costs with department heads and building contractors.
- Allocate office space according to needs, revise floor layouts, etc including analyzing future business needs and forecasting office equipment purchases and space expansion.
- Manage a budget for building operations, renovations and service contracts.
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs.
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security, service contracts, etc.
- Create safety and security protocols and ensure compliance across the company.
- Communicate and maintain a cordial relationship with city building permit department.
- 10-15 yrs of proven experience as facilities management or relevant position, including at least 3-5 years experience leading and managing teams
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems as well as the ability to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets with working knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Experience with having to deal with city or township governments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Excellent project management skills
- Spanish language abilities
- BS/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.