Prototype Vehicle Test Driver – ADAS/AD
Newark, CA /
Digital – Autonomous Driving /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As a Prototype Vehicle Test Driver, you will help develop and commercialize state-of-the-art electric vehicle. Our Test Drivers are valuable contributors, providing necessary feedback to our engineering team in order to advance this cutting-edge technology.This position requires an experienced professional with clean driving record, rich experience in driving prototype vehicles, and attention to safety and details. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Test drive and evaluate test vehicles in“real world” driving situations on test routes and tracks, conduct safety inspections, perform specialized test procedures, and document findings on driver reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Support in diagnose, maintain, and repair of vehicles and bench test systems
- Assist the team and work on installation, upgrade, calibration, configuration of sensors, ECUs, Software, etc.
- Perform vehicle checks, maintenance and keep vehicle prepared for field testing daily.
- Vehicle Test Drivers will be responsible for driving prototype vehicles on various public and private roads in order to test features, obtain data and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Manual data collection and driving including mapping drives and final data verification drives.
- Build and follow process for the teams, document potential issues and improvements
- Work efficiently within a multidisciplinary cooperative environment on prototype, pre-production, show, and production vehicles.
- Valid US driver's license
- Minimum 2 years of driving experience for autonomous driving or automotive OEM companies
- Clean driving record (DMV record will be obtained)
- Must be able to demonstrate safe driving in all weather conditions, including rain, snow, etc.
- Safety Sensitive position, requiring all persons assigned to activity be drug free.
- Able to drive for prolonged periods routinely exceeding eight or more hours.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and possible overtime.
- Will be able to drive and travel to other domestic and international locations.
- Must have good vision, hearing and motor skills. Alertness and good driving instinct to monitor automated vehicle performance and supervision.
- Basic computer skills to execute basic scripts for testing and data collection, and to document and report issues online and offline.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly both written and orally.
- Exceptional ability and desire to learn new skills and tools. Ability to apply oneself in new problems in a dynamic lean start-up environment.
- Credentials for operating vehicles at an OEM/Supplier automotive proving ground highly preferred.
- Enrollment in DMV Pull Notice Program
- AA/AS degree, any field; or, demonstrated communication, analytic, mathematical, and reasoning skills consistent with a AA/AS degree
- Higher Degree preferred
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $30-$40 per hour
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.