Senior Drive Unit Equipment Engineer
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Equipment Design Engineers to support testing & development of the traction motors, gearbox and powered electronics. This position requires an experienced professional with extensive history of complex equipment design. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Define requirements and deliver functional systems for use in an engineering lab setting
- Generate 3D/2D designs then interface w/internal & external resources to procure components
- Devise machined and fabricated fixtures for various mechanical tests
- Create high-speed rotating assemblies including shafts, bearings, couplers, and seals
- Design fluid plumbing systems and select pumps, filters, hoses, fittings, valves, etc
- Interface with product design engineers and determine how to incorporate new prototypes on existing equipment
- Work alongside technicians to construct, qualify and maintain devices in use
- Expertise in mechanical design and analysis
- Working knowledge of sensors (temperature, pressure, flow, force, torque, etc) and data acquisition systems
- Experience creating and operating automated machine control systems
- BS Mechanical, Mechatronic or similar Engineering degree
- 6+ years of directly-related experience
- LabVIEW or similar programming experience (PLC, Arduino, etc also applicable)
- Catia V6 expertise
- Electric motor, transmission and/or automotive electronics testing experience
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.