Director, Capital Project Controls Engineering
Casa Grande, AZ
Facilities – Global Facilities & Security /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Director of Capital Project Controls Engineering will have overall strategic and operational responsibility to ensure alignment and execution of Global Facilities’ mission, vision, program goals, and partnerships to deliver all capital projects. As the Leader for capital projects, this position will establish goals, policies and procedures for global governance and localized execution for delivering projects. This position will oversee programming, project management, project controls, contract management, partnering initiatives with A/E firms, equipment vendors and general contracting firms, risk management, commissioning, closeout, and handover of large cap projects to Operations.
This role serves as a key driver for day-to-day effectiveness and efficiency of the team, as well as primary advisor around strategy, technology, innovation, and leadership to successfully execute large cap projects globally. This critical role will increase the bandwidth of the Organization in such a way as to concentrate their time, effort & priorities on strategic initiatives towards the company’s core long-term goals. With global cross-office and cross-functional staff, the Leader will collaborate with, and provide leadership to, the global management team, cultivate partnerships with each vertical within and outside of organization to be in alignment with the company’s master plan and capital long range plan.
- Career guidance, mentorship, and skills enhancement for the project execution group.
- Long Range Planning - Maximize value addition for available capital & minimize cash burn. Strategize with Master Planning and Real Estate to develop strategies that align with regional and global needs for R&D, manufacturing, sales, and staff growth projections
- Lead Project Controls function – develop and implement GEPs and policies to be executed locally in a federated governance model for managing cost control, planning an& scheduling, risk assessment, contingency management, communication, change management, contract administration and document control.
- Develop communication and collaboration strategy for the capital projects’ group by employing SharePoint as the single-entry platform.
- Lead the development for data visualization strategy, and deploying KPIs for project execution and capital long range planning.
- Leadership in procurement effort for project execution – from bid solicitation, negotiation and award to establishing standards for drafting MSA and SOW in collaboration with the legal department to maximize value for the organization.
- Establishing governance and monitoring of Certificate of Insurance program in collaboration with Finance and internal audit to ensure coverage for all our capital projects.
- Close collaboration with internal partners in corporate accounting and finance to establish governance and monitor budget against goals .
- Bring in lean contracting efficiency in embracing “100% utilization and 0% wastage” philosophy in every capital project scope that is sourced.
- Programming Support for Master Planning - Developing and evaluating alternatives to address potential lab / office / manufacturing needs.
- Leading efforts to facilitate space utilization planning and identify potential efficiencies with regards to manufacturing, R&D, office planning, and site utilities in alignment with business needs.
- Partnering with regional and local regulatory bodies such as fire, water, environmental, and transportation departments to secure the required permits, facilitate.
- Leading strategic development and planning for site infrastructure investments (upgrades, maintenance). Developing roadmaps for investments over time to address aging infrastructure, equipment, machinery, etc., to modernize existing facilities, to address long term strategic plans, and to improve employee engagement as related to Site operations.
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize asset utilization working with Maintenance and develop asset retirement strategies working closely with Finance to maximize ROI.
- Lead real-estate planning effort to ensure alignment with site facility requirements and capital long range plan.
- Tracking and reporting status of capital and indirect expenditures in coordination with business management.
- Addressing ad hoc site expenditures for emergency or emerging needs and managing the annual CAPEX budget for the site.
- Serving as the key interface for collaboration with the support organizations needed to develop and implement strategic project execution plans (i.e., Facilities, Engineering, IT, EH&S, HR, Security, Communications, Procurement and Legal).
- Set clear direction for your direct reports aligned with functional and corporate goals. Reprioritize work, as needed. Enable others to do their job well by communicating information and making decisions in a clear, timely manner.
- Listen to and value others’ thoughts and ideas. Demonstrate effective partnership both within and outside your team. Achieve results with and through others.
- Demonstrate self-awareness, humility, and curiosity in service of self-development. Provide regular coaching and feedback that will inspire growth and improvement in others.
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred - Engineering discipline or Construction Management.
- 12+ years of progressive experience working in a global setting leading large cap projects involving geographically and functionally diverse teams to meet company’s strategic goals.
- Proven track record in managing cross functional teams and providing leadership, mentoring, and skill development in alignment with company’s goals.
- Proven record of developing/implementing action plans to improve program and/or function performance.
- SME on Project Controls (cost account management, project planning and scheduling, cost control, change control, EVMS, staffing, coordination, and oversight of work scope).
- Hands-on experience developing strategic plans for operations, business management, or facility management.
- Prior involvement in running a department including budget and compensation administration.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with VPs and C-Suite. Comfortable with over-communicating progress and seeking assistance in advance when the risk is significant.
- Strong time management skills, with a high level of self-motivation and a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Highly organized, with high attention to detail.
- Proven track record of leading large teams to meet quality, safety, performance, cost, and schedule while delivering complex and large-scale projects.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.