Operational Excellence Coach
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Operational Excellence /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Operational Excellence Coach will report to the Sr. Operational Excellence Coach and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of Lucid Production System’s lean programs. This includes taking a hands-on, on-the-shop floor role in driving Continuous Improvement, 6S, Problem Solving, and standardization. The Operational Excellence Coach will work with team members from all levels of the organization to support and lead projects to improve safety, minimize production issues and costs, and enhance vehicle quality. They will develop, implement, and maintain tools, systems, and training needed to optimize engagement in the continuous improvement performance.
- Optimize employee engagement in all lean programs.
- Assist in eliminating roadblocks to Continuous Improvement.
- Develop talent by training and coaching team members in lean principles, their applications, and benefits.
- Facilitates lean program review meetings.
- Conduct layered audits and process reviews.
- Lead and support departmental Gemba walks.
- Monitor departmental performance and analyze data to identify focused opportunities for reducing costs and improving safety, productivity, utilization, and quality.
- Support initiatives that ensure factory performance objectives are met in all key performance areas.
- Develop, implement and maintain tools, systems, and procedures for Operational Excellence programs, with a current emphasis on problem solving, continuous improvement, 6S (5S plus Safety), and standardization.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering or 5-7 years of related experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role.
- 3+ years of direct work experience in LEAN &/or Six Sigma.
- Previous quality, operations, or engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean manufacturing principles, well versed in both the theory and hands on practice.
- Motivational with excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in coaching/mentoring in on-the-job application of new skills, able to adapt to different personal and learning styles.
- Ability to lead without authority, act as an individual contributor, and work together in team environments.
- Build and maintain relationships at various levels in the organization.
- Ability to shift priorities as required by the needs of the business.
- Kaizen Event Facilitation.
- Solid problem-solving background, including but not limited to 8D methodology.
- Industrial Engineering techniques such as time studies, data analysis, capacity analysis, work instructions.
- Presentation development, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.