Sr. Systems Engineer, Security
Newark, CA /
Digital – Cyber Security, Data, and Connectivity /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer, Security. The ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates shall demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, possess the ability to learn quickly, and strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment. This role requires a mix of system and solution architecture capabilities and cross-functional collaboration skills.
*This role is located on-site at Headquarters in Newark, Ca.*
- Drive cross-functional teams to consolidate detailed requirements and architecture specifications for the next generation vehicle and infrastructure security solutions.
- Define the project/product benefits and success criteria along with the priorities and arrive at executable roadmaps.
- Author Security-related RFPs, RFQs, SoWs spanning in-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure secure communications, secure ECU software/firmware updates, penetration testing, threat analysis and risk assessment (TARA), fleet data protection & privacy aspects, and evaluate suppliers
- Ensure complete requirements and architecture traceability and compliance to industry standards.
- Closely collaborate with the Verification and Development engineers to establish product excellence; the teams span internal and external teams, including suppliers and partners.
- Ensure optimization of software through design reviews and code reviews.
- Integrate with different teams, including Vehicle Controls, Chassis, Safety, Battery, Infotainment, and UX, to realize the overall project objectives on time and within budget.
- Approach challenges/problems laterally across the systems and domains and vertically drill down to subsystems and elements involved and reconcile gaps and contradictions.
- Follow-through and Follow-up diligently to unblock the issues.
- Regularly communicate vision, features, priorities, deliverables, and goals to our stakeholders via program documentation, launch announcements, release notes, brown bags, seminars, user training.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Computer Engineering
- 6 years or more of industry experience in technical architects' roles and technical product management in the areas spanning network and information security, data privacy, and cybersecurity for road vehicles.
- Experience in threat analysis and risk assessment (TARA) at the vehicle level and electronic control unit(ECU) level
- Experience in Vulnerabilities in-vehicle connectivity interfaces and protocols, e.g., CAN, BLE, Wi-Fi, GNSS, mitigation mechanisms, and security enforcement.
- Experienced in the emerging security standards/frameworks including ISO/SAE 21434, UNCE WP.29 cybersecurity, and cybersecurity management systems regulations regarding connected vehicles
- Solutions to comply with emerging data privacy and protection laws and regulation applicable to vehicle data, e.g., California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), SB-327 Information privacy: connected devices, Oregon State House Bill 2395
- Road Vehicle Fleet Security Operations
- V2X adoption and security enforcement
- Experience using requirement management systems like JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, or similar tools.
- Master’s in computer science, Computer Engineering,
- Experience in Scalable Public Key Infrastructure Deployments and management
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $127,000 - $181,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.