Legal Counsel - Real Estate and Construction
Newark, CA /
Legal – Legal /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid Motors is seeking a highly qualified Real Estate and Construction Attorney. This person will report to the Director of Legal and will support the Real Estate and Construction Teams on a broad spectrum of legal issues related to the growth of Lucid Motors in the retail space. The Attorney will collaborate with other members of the legal department to support the growth of the company.
- Negotiate letters of intent, leases and lease renewals and work with teams to resolve leasing conflicts.
- Specify and work with our teams on internal governance policies and regularly monitor and manage compliance with respect to zoning laws, business registrations, various regulatory agencies and the business license approvals processes.
- Provide advice and counsel regarding local zoning and ordinance issues, related permits.
- Work closely with construction and retail development teams to improve processes and coordinate with any space turnover.
- Draft, review, negotiate a wide range of construction services agreements and other agreements to support the retail build outs.
- Manage other related site development related topics including but not limited to environmental property assessments.
- Respond promptly to internal department requests, summarizing and communicating legal risks while allowing a balance of risk that conforms to the company’s business objectives.
- Collaborate with members of the legal team on legal projects and initiatives
- Five or more years of experience in legal practice with in-house experience and/or private practice specifically related to retail, real estate, construction, and lease transactions.
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate law, zoning law and other related retail laws, regulations and procedures, as well as industry trends and new laws that will impact the company.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under strict deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to form strong working relationship with employees and partners while maintaining firm adherence to legal standards.
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking. Flexibility and interest in working on an array of legal matters in order to understand and advise the company on legal implications of its business strategy.
- Law degree (J.D.) from ABA accredited institution.
- Licensed to practice law in California.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.