Machining Technician, General Assembly
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – General Assembly /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Lucid Machining Technician will report to the General Assembly Maintenance supervisor. Candidate will be responsible for the complete shop layout of the Lucid AZ location centralized machining, fabrication and milling shop. The position includes working with Engineers fabricating per drawings, continuous improvement project required tooling and modifying existing tooling and fixtures. Developing a training plan for maintenance technicians to advance their technical, mechanical, fabrication and machining skills. Level of knowledge to prepare for success in expediting fabrication and design of tools and parts for the repair of equipment within General Assembly. The role will be located at our manufacturing facility in Casa Grande, Arizona. Duties include operating, maintaining, and repairing technical machining equipment, collaborating with stakeholders to fabricate production hand tool requirements. Performing preventative maintenance tasks Troubleshooting and repairing process tooling. Assisting the maintenance technicians during equipment breakdowns.
- Support the General Assembly Production, Maintenance and Engineering departments needs in fabricating and modifying process equipment as directed.
- Set up and maintain machining equipment'
- Develop and conduct training sessions for current and new maintenance technicians.
- Participate in all required ongoing training to advance your machining skills.
- Interact daily with shop floor management to resolve process concerns and drive process improvements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Preferred Associates Degree in mechanical related studies. (Mechanical or Electrical), or equivalent on the job experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of machining and milling. Design and fabrication. . Candidate must be proficient knowledge in Auto Cad and reading fabrication drawings
- Advanced machining and milling skills.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern fabrication methods, and techniques.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people, including cross-functional teams in multiple locations.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Desired - Associates Degree in mechanical related studies. (Mechanical or Electrical), or equivalent on the job experience.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.