Body Repair Program, Validation Technician
Retail – Body Repair Program /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an experienced Body Repair Validation Technician to be part of developing globally recognized, best-in-class collision repair capability for Lucid Motors. This position will be an evolutionary one, starting with hands-on work as the body repair program team develops and grows. It will involve working with and supporting the Body Repair Program team and other Lucid departments. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. This role is based in the Service Center in Millbrae, Ca.
- Reporting to the Body Repair Technical Manager, and Body Repair Workshop Forman, to validate the body repair methodology for Lucid Motors.
- Work with the Technical Training, Body Repair R&D Technicians & Publications Team to document developed body repair methods.
- Identify and develop key measurable data points in repair methods that will be KPI requirements for Lucid's approved body shop network.
- Ensure design for repairability feedback is provided to the Body Repair R&D Technicians to be implemented in component design.
- Develop repair times for structural repair procedures during the repair validation process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet project deadlines.
- Comply with all Lucid safety rules, guidelines and standards.
- 5 years minimum hands-on technician experience in the collision industry, OEM Structural Repair Certifications from instructor-led training from Tesla, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, etc. would be advantageous.
- Ability to perform structural repairs utilizing various repair bench systems (Car-Bench is Primary, Celette, Car-O-Liner, Spanesi, and Global-Jig, as well as any other appropriate body shop equipment.
- Be able to explain and demonstrate best practice body repair techniques for all stages of the repair process.
- Aluminum MIG Welding / MIG Brazing experience.
- Aluminum Adhesive bonding experience.
- Aluminum Structural body structure repair experience.
- Valid Driver's License and a good driving record.
- Strong computer skills ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint )
- Capable of lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Diagnostic software experience.
- Highschool Diploma or GED
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.·
California (Bay Area) - $35-$40/hr·
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.