Senior Director of IT
Newark, CA /
Electronics & Software – Leadership /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid is looking for an experienced technology leader with the passion and creativity to be part of a team that is creating the world’s most advanced electric vehicle. The Senior Director IT will lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s information systems to facilitate meeting the company's strategic business goals. In this role, the Senior Director is responsible for leading the exploration and deployment of new technologies to drive business transformation. This involves selecting and defining the technology architecture and configuration to meet the needs of the business and our customers, as well as pursuing continuous improvement of our capabilities, processes, and delivery strategies.
Oversee and manage all technical resources for the development, implementation, and support of the company’s information systems and networks in order to function as a valued internal partner committed to generating business value. The individual will be a self-starter with excellent leadership and management capabilities to be part of an innovative team to support the company’s mission.
- Develop long-term and short-term IT strategy for the company. Oversee development and implementation of an IT roadmap, including key prioritization and sequencing of key systems.
- Build the systems, processes, and team required to support rapid growth, commercialization, and international expansion.
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to exploit new technologies to achieve key business objectives.
- Lead and direct cybersecurity efforts and execute security audits on a regular basis.
- Promote teamwork and leadership behaviors within own group, other peer groups, and across the organization.
- Engage cross-functionally within the organization to support functional needs and enhance process efficiencies.
- Serve as Chief Data Security Officer and oversee policies related to data security in both hardware and software venues, including HIPAA, PCI and GDPR compliance where applicable.
- Establish and maintain the company’s hardware, network and other communication resources, including technical aspects of web applications, disaster recovery preparedness, system security and backup operations.
- Develop and implement IT governance framework for the company.
- Lead all operations of Information Technology department including programming, operations, technical, desktop and mobile technical support; department standards; procedures and work flow; short- and long-term department planning, implementation of new applications and interfaces with purchased software, and upgrading existing applications to system and vendor software.
- BS Computer Science, Business or related field. Advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Information Technology including minimum of five years in a senior leadership position.
- Experience in both large company with established IT infrastructure and small, fast-paced, rapidly growing company where systems and processes need to be designed and implemented.
- Experience working in an organization with in-house manufacturing capabilities is a plus.
- Strong track record of recruiting and developing talent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to build strong rapport across all functional areas.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Prior project management experience, including successfully setting priorities, meeting schedules, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with the implementation of technical application and communications across multiple locations and companies using current technology.
- Experience in automotive preferred, including familiarity with system validation requirements.
- Experience in public company/Sarbanes-Oxley-compliant environment.
- Experience with tier 1 ERP systems such as Oracle EBS.
- Experience with support of international commercial business operations
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.