Battery Engineering Technician
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Battery Engineering Technician to join our world-class team. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Use a range of hand tools in the assembly of battery pack modules and packs
- Operate assembly equipment including proprietary CAN-based development tools
- Perform electrical tests
- Retain confidentiality of testing, test procedures, and data at all times
- Maintain cleanliness of lab space and inventory of parts
- Work with others in a cross-functional environment and follow written & verbal instructions
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience as a degreed technician (AA or equivalent ASE certifications)
- Excellent attention to detail while following instructions
- Expert at using hand tools
- Experience of using electrical test equipment such as volt meter, resistance testers
- Basic knowledge and proper handling of battery cells
- Familiarity with the safety aspect of batteries and battery testing
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word programs
- Understanding electrical schematic & capability to create simple test boards
- High voltage certification
- Working knowledge of CAN communication
- Experience building wire harnesses
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word program
- Familiarity with AVL e-storage systems
- Bachelor Degree
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.