Vehicle Performance Development Engineer
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – NVH, Durability, and Integrated Safety /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking Vehicle Performance Development Engineers.Vehicle performance development engineering is a highly technical, data-driven activity where engineers develop mathematical models and perform experimental studies of the key performance attributes of a vehicle. These data are then used by the development engineer in collaboration with the system design engineers to develop solutions which allow the vehicle to meet all of its performance targets. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-pacedenvironment.
- A proven track record of excellence in solving difficult physics-based problems.
- A high degree of technical and mathematical aptitude, with strong understanding of the physics underlying the behavior of a vehicle.
- An intense curiosity about how things work and ways in which complex systems can be studied and improved using experimental and simulation based methods.
- A high degree of social intelligence and a strong collaborative and open communication style. In the end, the best technical result is meaningless if the engineer behind the data cannot engage with other engineers to develop a real solution.
- The ideal candidate would already have experience with industry standard scientific tools such as linear and non-linear finite element analysis (FEA), computational fluid dynamics (CFD/Thermal), multi-body simulation (MBS), digital signal processing (DSP), and test-based data acquisition / analysis.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Master's Preferred
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.