Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Newark, CA /
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Software has a crucial role in the modern vehicle where it commands the operation of many sub-systems. The most visible and most complex among them is the Infotainment system. It is an integral part of the human machine interface (HMI), and is increasingly contributing to the user experience of the occupants. We are seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer for our state-of-the-art Infotainment system. This position requires an experienced professional with accomplished background in embedded RTOS. Our ideal candidate possesses extended knowledge in complex low-level software systems who can adapt quickly and contribute to an efficient and stable runtime platformwithin a fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to the design of overall software system architecture to establish a stable foundation for middleware and applications.
- Evaluate hardware and software components from potential vendors, interact with partners to develop and support the board, device drivers, and boot loaders.
- Develop and modify product specific kernel and device drivers.
- Configure memory mapping and interrupt routing for efficient OS and middleware operations.
- Develop unit test cases. Diagnose, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Optimize the virtualized operating environment and tune the platform subsystems for key use cases.
- A minimum of 7 years of industry experience in system software development.
- Advanced knowledge of OS internals (process scheduler, memory management, concurrency, synchronization, memory allocation, file system, networking, storage, system architecture).
- 5+ years of experience developing in C/C++ and shell scripting.
- Fluency in source code management, unit test, code review, and issue tracking systems.
- Hands on experience configuring, trouble-shooting, and optimizing embedded systems and middleware.
- Mastery skills in Linux development environment with GNU toolchain.
- Expert in embedded system development using RTOS (QNX preferred) and embedded Linux or Android.
- Working knowledge with Hypervisor and virtualization technologies in embedded usage (QEMU, Virt I/O, safe partitioning, secure IPC).
- Passion for product excellence and quality.
- Familiar with ARMv8 64-bit architecture
- Experience with board bring-up, kernel customizations, device driver optimization.
- Experience with automotive infotainment systems.
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Computer engineering or other related fields (MS preferred)
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.