Technical Specialist, Battery
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a highly-experienced Technical Specialist, Test Automation, to support testing and development of the high voltage battery. This position requires an experienced professional with extensive history of complex database backend and GUI. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Create and maintain a strong automation system for high voltage battery testing and development.
- Generate database backend alongside GUI interface for all Battery engineers to interface.
- Establish a system that scales effectively with equipment demand.
- Understand the pro and cons of development hardware testing software using different architecture in Labview, Veristand, teststand and Python.
- Expert in using python and development of GUI to interface with database backend.
- Build and design database from scratch including quickly translate a test requirement into a database system, writing advanced SQL language.
- Database including mysql, flask, influx, postpresql, kafka, Elastic Search, etc.
- Simulink modeling to design a control system and understand the fundamental principles.
- Familiar with NI hardware and test device, SCPI control programming skills.
- Version control using git.
- Good object-oriented programming style.
- 10+ years' experience in a related field.
- Other programming experience, e.g. Go and JS and popular framework to build system from scratch.
- Cloud experience, e.g. AWS or Azure and IOT programming experience.
- High Voltage Battery, Utility-scale transmission, or automotive testing experience
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.