Engineer, Battery Cell Testing (All Levels)
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Battery Cell Test Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with an intimate knowledge of lithium-ion batteries. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Formulate and execute designs of experiments to acquire high-quality data to support the BMS, Modeling, Safety, Characterization, and Quality teams.
- Analyze electrochemical datasets and effectively communicate the extracted cell performance parameters.
- Work closely with the multiple cross-functional teams and cell suppliers.
- Managing the planning of cell testing, data acquisition, and database organization.
- Maintain test equipment and plan future expansion of testing capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of lithium-ion cell chemistry and mechanisms
- Proficient with a statistical programming language for data analysis and designing experiments
- Able to make clear, detailed test-plans
- Experience with battery testing equipment (Maccor, Arbin, etc.) and electrochemical lab work.
- Experience in writing efficient code to analyze large data sets and using a database
- High level of mathematical and data analysis capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with initiating and taking ownership of projects
- 3+ years of experience using battery test equipment
- Expertise in MATLAB, Python, or other relevant programming languages
- Experience with EIS testing and ECM development
- Experience with maintaining a glovebox and performing battery tear-downs
- B.A. or higher in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Chemistry, and other related fields.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.