Senior Engineering Manager -- Security Operations Center
Digital – Cyber Security, Data, and Connectivity /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Senior Engineering Manager for hire and manage the team of Engineers for our Automotive Security Operations Center. Able to hire strong technical Engineering resources and collaborate with other Engineering teams. This individual should have the ability to work with external/internal teams and establish a healthy productive environment.
Key Domain Areas of Work:
- Ability to hire talented Engineers in Security Operations.
- Guide team in performing incident investigations and responses to incidents.
- Review Standard Operating Procedures, Incident Response Plans.
- Facilitate the team with deep-dive analysis by procuring the tools and trainings for the team.
- Conduct tabletop exercises with Automotive SOC stakeholders and recommend changes, improvements in the security processes, and technologies.
- Perform Incident Reviews, remediations plans.
- Collaborate with different teams such as Software, IT Security, Legal, Safety to improve automotive security posture of Lucid.
- Provide technical guidance to the team members and establish roadmap.
- Set Long/Short term goals for the team, evaluate their performance and provide constant feedback
- Work closely with larger Automotive Cyber Security team to enhance the security processes, and technologies.
- Bachelor/Master of Engineering in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity.
- Minimum 15+ years of direct experience as an Automotive/Information Security Management role.
- Hands-on experience in Engineering, Operational processes followed in Security Operations
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in managing the teams for performing Security Operations.
- Good understanding of Threat Assessment, Proactive Threat Hunting and familiar with Security tools.
- Experience with SIEM Tools(eg: Splunk, Logrhythm).
- Experience with host and network monitoring and security tools.
- Familiarity with Threat Intelligence tools and technologies.
- Proven ability to document the findings and report the security incidents to relevant stakeholders.
- Experienced in performing tabletop exercises.
- Good understanding of Security Processes, Tools and implementations.
- Good understanding of data compliance, Governance.
- Good understanding of Cybersecurity Frameworks such as SANs, NIST Cybersecurity frameworks.
- Proven ability to leverage Mitre ATT&CK framework, for implementing Security Monitoring & Detection controls.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.