Senior Power Electronics Engineer, Packaging
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a senior power electronics engineer, with expertise in power semiconductor packaging. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop, validate, and enhance power module for power electronics applications
- Define the module specification and lead the design of power module
- Coordinate the chip suppliers and power module manufacturers
- Invent and create new technologies and solutions
- Characterize and prepare the test plan for power module
- Be part of a team to develop amazing power electronics products
- Solid background in power semiconductor, electronics packaging materials and characteristics
- Industrial experience in power modules, packaging
- Hands on experience on finite element tools for module modeling, like ANSYS
- Good connection with module manufacturers and chip suppliers
- Experience in module qualification standard
- Minimum – BS in the areas of electrical engineering, material engineering, mechanical engineering
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have industrial experience, automotive experience preferred.
- MS with over 5 years, or PhD with over 2 years of industrial experience preferred.
- Good understanding of power electronics
- Knowledge of environmental, reliability requirement for automotive applications
- Large volume product development experience
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.