Staff SI/PI Engineer
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Signal Integrity/Power Integrity Staff Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional to perform core function in order to provide support for Signal Integrity (SI) and Power Integrity (PI) simulation/measurement to Design team. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- The Signal Integrity/Power Integrity (SI/PI) Staff Engineer reports to Test and Validation team and is responsible for the testing/simulating and validating high-speed signals of Ethernet, LVDS, CAN, LIN, and others for automotive designs to validate their signal integrity. The SI/PI engineer works closely with Infotainment and controls hardware design teams.
- Perform worst case analysis for schematics
- Perform DFMEA both schematic and layout
- Perform SI analysis, measurement, and debug tasks in the development of advanced high density printed circuit board (PCB) for pre-and –post route signal integrity analysis.
- Make a correlation between Simulations and Measurements.
- Write and review signal integrity test reports.
- Design SI/PI process.
- Design, simulate, analyze, and characterize electrical performance.
- Drive PCB placement and layout for robust SI performance
- Perform DC and AC Power Integrity Analysis
- Experience in Power Distribution Network analysis including DC Drop and AC Analysis
- Provide signal integrity design recommendations or generate and verify PCB layout rules.
- Implement new technologies on the high speed design/testing.
- Perform core function to provide support for Signal Integrity (SI) and Power Integrity (PI) simulation/measurement to Design team.
- Participate in the schematic and layout review process and provide expert opinion to have robust SI/PI for High speed interfaces and power systems.
- Manage small and medium complexity projects without any supervision.
- Work with design teams to evaluate design tradeoffs for design optimization considering performance, cost and manufacturing requirements.
- BSEE required, MSEE or PhD preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant signal integrity work experience.
- 8-10 years of experience in Design engineering
- Preferred Qualifications:
- SI/PI DVP
- Be part of EMC test and validation
- Support EMC Test Engineer during EMC pre-compliance phase
- Knowledge of developing and reviewing routing instructions is expected
- Experience using SI/PI test instruments like TDR, VNA, High-speed Scopes, Spectrum analyzers.
- Good understanding in EMC/EMI.
- Proficient with electrical simulation tools, such as, CST & ANSYS.
- Experience with OrCAD PCB Designer and or OrCAD Capture, Pspicefor schematic development
- Proficient with SI measurement tools, such as, PNA, TDR oscilloscope and calibration methods.
- Experience in computer aided (CAD) tools, methods for PCB design, auto routers, Impedance. matching, crosstalk analysis.
- Strong ability to drive problem-solving strategies for complex problems.
- Proficient computer skills, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude, proactive mentality, responsive and strong work ethic.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.