Mechanical Engineer II, HV Battery
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid battery technology is among the most highly valued core IP in the company. This position seeks an ambitious and talented engineer to help develop the next generation of industry-leading battery products. This is a demanding role with close cross-functional collaboration across several teams and one that require a multi-disciplinary mindset.
- Ownership of battery pack component and layout design (current and future products)
- Design with excellence at system and component level, with great attention to detail
- Diligently follow standards for part and drawing release
- Work closely with vendors to ensure requirements are met
- Optimize mechanical designs for performance, size, weight, durability and cost
- Work autonomously, with minimal direction
- Think creatively and apply first-principle engineering
- Previous ownership of complex parts that have shipped in volume
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and material selection
- Mastery of mechanical technical fundamentals
- Understanding of material selection and DFM principles
- A flair for creative design with a critical approach to solving tricky problems
- Strong CAD skills with Catia V6 3DExperience (or equivalent)
- Design release engineering experience
- A desire to work hard and push boundaries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Academic or Work Experience designing parts in DC High Voltage architecture
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $104,000-$143,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.